Saturday, August 22, 2020

Denied

.

 Yesterday I ventured out to the grocery store.  Since the pandemic started, I've been working from home (I know I'm very lucky) and until very recently doing my shopping from home too -- I'd order online and go pick up at the store.  Someone would bring the groceries out and load into my car and I wouldn't have contact with anyone.  But on occasion I had to go into the store.  Such was the case when I found my beloved Pumpkin Spice creamer.  So I went back into the store again yesterday (the Pumpkin Spice isn't available online).  Imagine my horror when I saw this:



AN EMPTY SHELF where the Pumpkin Spice creamer should be.  The kid stocking the shelves looked at me like I was a lunatic when I took the picture.  And no, there was no Pumpkin Spice creamers on his little stocking cart (I looked).  I knew I needed to get more when I saw it (I'm on my last bottle right now.)  


Fortunately the ninjas at Amazon (really, I'm sitting right here less than 3 feet away from my front door which you can see daylight through so it's not like it's a barrier to sound and I never hear them drop anything on my porch.  They're ninjas, I tell you) brought this:


Pumpkin Spice coffee syrup.  I'm hoping it will be enough to tide me over. 

Knitting continues apace, sort of.  Yesterday I did almost an entire interminable row of cables crossing the wrong way.  Yeah.  I tinked back.  I debated ripping it out, but stuck with the tinking.  I'm not knitting to any deadline and slower just felt...right to me.  I'm reworking the cable row now.  Just a tiny bit of knitting on the striped socks last night, I was pretty tired.  I fell asleep and slept (mostly) 12 hours straight.  So I guess I was a little tired.  Must have been the shock of not finding Pumpkin Spice creamer at the store.  

No comments: