Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm Overtired and Very Cranky

So this will be short. In fact, I don't even have any pictures. I just got home, and I left the house at 6:45 AM this morning. But, I got Christmas gifts! My BiL and his SO are in town and brought our Christmas gifts with them. (My in-laws have a grab bag so everyone gets one big gift instead of several little ones.) I got just about everything I asked for (way overboard, my BiL is very generous) -- the Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker, DVDs (Mary Tyler Moore and Love Story), a Christmas cd (yeah!), books ( _Memoirs of a Geisha_ and _Saving Fish from Drowning_) and the Red Cross Knitting Kit (I'm awaiting delivery). I'm overwhelmed. Dave and The Boys got stuff too, but it's not as important as my stuff (and none of it was knitting related anyways). Dave got clothes, and books and electronic stuff. Older Son got books, and Younger Son got a video game and a Lego Bionicle. Dave acted as if he liked the clothes he got, but I'm waiting to see if he wears them. I got him clothes (very nice ones, too) for Christmas last year and he still hasn't worn them. I was tempted to do it again this year and just return everything in a couple of weeks and use the money for more yarn. (He says the clothes are "too nice" and that he has nowhere to wear them. ) I'll have to scope out these new clothes and see if there are gift vouchers. I can just replace them with clothes from last year and stash the money. By the end of the week I'll have used up 6 skeins of yarn -- that's three more I can buy, right?

No comments: