Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Welcome to the Jungle

 Here's my spinning:


I like how it looks, kind of jungle-y.  Spinning it is like eating potato chips, I can't do just one little fiber bundle.  Here's my current set up:


I lay out the strips (I have to be careful with the tips and make sure they're free -- they tend to get tangled a bit from being rolled up).  The spinning is easy, just grab one and spin -- almost no drafting.  This set up works for me, probably because I'm left handed.  I've ordered another bobbin for the Hansen Mini Spinner, so I can just keep on going.  I can't wait to get a couple bobbins full so I can ply some up.  I'm not stressing about this -- sampling as I go to make sure I'm getting about 18 wraps per inch in the singles. (This is easy to eyeball as it's the wpi of most sock yarns.)  I'm not stressing about perfection, just stress free spinning.  The machine is relentless, though.  It keeps going and going, so I've gotten quick at making the joins (see lay out above). 

No comments: