Friday, September 25, 2020

Frankenstein Socks - The Deets

 I have finally managed to get to the ankle on my Frankenstein knee socks.  Yay!  From here on out it's just a regular sock.  Turns out I was making it way too complicated.  What worked for me was to cast on just a bit less than I needed for the calf (96 sts) then worked the ribbing (18 rows, 3 stripes) then increase ~1" worth of stitches (8 sts) in the first 2 rows.  Work straight for awhile (7 stripes, 42 rows) then decrease 2 sts every 3 rows until I was back to my normal sock number (64 sts).


I did fully fashioned decreases. 

Next time I make a pair I think I'll do a centered double decrease.  I'd carry the center stitch down through the heel.

A review on the Carbonz needles.  Two thumbs down.  Give them a pass.  I decided to try them on this project and I'll stick with them through the second sock, but then they're going to the knitting needle graveyard.  The join between the silver tip and the "carbon fiber" body of the rest of the needle is not smooth.  It catches every time.  On every needle.  Way too aggravating.

No comments: