Sunday, September 20, 2020

Thinking About

Maybe it's the staying in that's getting to me, but I find myself with a desire to attend a fiber festival. Since it's impossible to go I find I am gripped by a desire to go to Rhinebeck. I've been thinking about classes too. I've been reading Jillian Moreno's blog and I'd like to take a class with her.  Which is weird, because I really don't care for in person classes.  I've taken a couple, and they're ok.  But I've found they are often just vehicles for people to gush over their fiber idols.  It's a little too clique-y for me.  I also don't really learn best in a classroom environment.  I prefer books or videos that I can take in at my own pace, and repeat as necessary and keep for future reference.

That said, I've checked out Craftsy and I'm not seeing the value there for me right now.  Maybe another time. Anyway, I might consider an annual membership, but the ephemeral nature of a membership gives me pause.  I guess I could do a membership and purchase outright my favorites.  I'm still considering.

 I've set myself a budget of $25 -$30 a week for yarn/fiber stuff.  Currently I'm saving for a kate for my Hanson Mini Spinner.  I should be able to get one in a couple of weeks.  The amount doesn't seem like much, but I don't knit or spin that much yarn/fiber in a week.  It's just a way to keep the stash under control.


I'm decreasing for the toe on my second Autumnal sock.  

No comments: