Thursday, September 03, 2020

New Socks

 Hey!  Here are my new socks:


Another self striping sock yarn.  The yarn is "Essential Autumn" from the Vesper Sock Club 2008.  Yep.  Digging into the stash.  I especially like the slip stitch detail when the color changes.  Here's a close up.


Although, next time I will stagger the slip stitches every other time so they don't all stack up.  I've got another pair at the other house (I have two houses, but maybe that's a story for another day).  But they are destined for the frog pond tonight.  I've decided I want them to be knee socks, so they'll need a different number of stitches cast on.  I'll cart this sock up there for bedtime knitting/reading until I can figure out the appropriate stitch counts for knee socks.  I may have to get the recipients mom (our God Daughter Gracie is who I'm knitting them for) to measure her legs.

Still spinning the Jungle Yarn.  I hope to finish spinning all my bits before the end of the year.  Then I can start my New Year sweater with the yarn.  Thinking of patterns.  

No comments: