Monday, June 04, 2007

Take My Word on It

I had a long and busy day today and met up with other local knitters, bloggers and not. But I forgot my camera (after reminding myself to put it in my bag last night) so you'll have to imagine and take my word that I actually saw them. First, Heather and her boys came and met me for lunch at the Arts Festival. Lunch was good, there was some good music, we got to see some cool artists' wares (the boys were intrigued by the didgeridoos) and we bumped into Janice, another (blogless) knitter from our Friday night knitting group. We knitters are everywhere! We also stopped by Ewe Can Knit, where Heather showed great restraint for someone not committed to knitting from her stash. (If they had still had some Trekking yarn I think things might have gone differently, though.)

After work I headed off to the Beehive for a Fiber Fest planning meeting and met up with Zeeppo and his brigade, along with DDancer and Carla (no current blog) and I think I met the Mystery Male Knitter! How exciting is that? I stayed and knit for a bit, but had to come home to the guys and laundry. (I was tired and hungry.) All of that in one day! But no pictures.

But I do have one picture for you. Here's my newest commuter knitting, it's Pomatomus. I won the yarn from Steel City Knitter. It looks just like tropical water. They make me think of my sister who love these colors and tropical waters. I've also started more Cotton Socks (NEW! With STRIPES!) for home knitting. I'm wondering how long it will take me to knit up all that yarn...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment, and for stopping by my blog!

I love the sock, and the yarn. You are right, the first thing that I thought of when I saw it was tropical waters. Those socks, and a Miami Vice, and I'd be right back on my honeymoon :)

DDancer said...

Would you like to be listed on http://www.pittsburghknitting.com/?

Heather said...

I'll vouch for you... at least for the sunny part of the day... and that cd is really good. Those boys have great taste!

Downtown Dancing Knitter said...

I tried to convice my mother to take me to the Beehive, but she is now rethinking me teaching the classes, hopefully we can convince her at a future friday knitting. ttyl~