Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's Never a Good Idea

To pull out your knitting at 3:00 in the morning because you're having a bout of insomnia. Let this serve as a warning to you all. Because you know (and I have to admit, I did, but shrugged it off) that in the cold light of morning you're going to be doing some ripping. I'd love to show you a picture of the Sadist gloves, but they're in the exact same spot as they were in the picture I showed yesterday. (No wonder I thought it was Wednesday.) For the third time. I realised I'd messed up the thumb gusset late last night, so I ripped. Then reknitted, and realised (when I'd gotten to the same spot) that I'd forgotten to increase when setting up the patterns in the first round. By then it was 5:00 AM (the alarm goes off at 6:00) so I opted for the hour of sleep and ripped and reknit today. So I'm in the same spot (one and a half pattern repeats) that I was yesterday. But gee, that thumb gusset looks great. And I think they may be the right size.

And in other news, my knee and shoulder (which were extremely painful) suddenly feel much better. It happened last night sometime between 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning. It was like someone turned a switch. I told the Sadist on Monday when I was at therapy that my pain was at a 6 or maybe a 7 (on a scale of 1-10) with my knee. Same all day Tuesday (I could barely walk). Today it's a 1 or a 2. Here are the three possible explanations:

1) I exercised more -- rode the bike yesterday for 20 minutes instead of 15, did 10 extra squats, an extra set of step-ups, plus contractions and leg lifts.

2) I took naproxin every twelve hours for the preceding 36 hours.

3) When I told my friend at work, she gasped and said that she had been really praying for me last night.

I'm going for options 3 and 2. It couldn't possibly be the exercise. Maybe you've all been praying for me too. I'll take the miracle (it's that time of year, right?) I mean, it was truly a very sudden thing with the pain/no pain.

1 comment:

Heather said...

how does that go? when all else fails do what should have been done in the first place? And, um, can she add me to her list? just wondering.