Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Is It Only Tuesday?


All day long I've been thinking it was Wednesday. Tomorrow's going to be a big disappointment. I'm knitting the Sadist Gloves. This is one and a half pattern repeats, which is my progress for the day. I think I may have to get a move on here. The pattern is an amalgamation of the glove pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Knitting Patterns by Ann Budd and one of the palm patterns from Knitting Fairisle Mittens and Gloves by Carol Rasmussen Noble. I'm hoping it will be big enough for a man's hand. So far it's possible it's just one giant swatch and I'll have to rip back and reknit. Yep, we're nothing but edge of your seat knitting excitement here.

I saw my orthopedist today. He gave me a cortizone injection in my shoulder, and he wants me to continue with physical therapy for both my knee and shoulder. Call back next year if I'm still having problems. Both are still painful. I told him The Sadist twisted my arm. (Really we discussed physical therapy, and although I told him I can do the exercises at home, I can't do the manipulation. He checked my range of motion and agreed that a little more therapy would be good.)

I had a couple of realisations when I walked out of work today and saw a couple sauntering down the street towards me. One, men should never wear jackets belted at the waist (leather or not). Two, I really should carry my camera with me.

No comments: