Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Spin Cycle

Hurray! Blogger has relented and is allowing me to post pictures today. (Go back and check out yesterday's entry too -- you can see me plying and my sock skein.) Here's what I'm working on today: It's a tricolor roving I got at MDS&W last year. Lost the tag, can't remember who I bought it from or what kind of wool it is. Here's more of a close-up of the spindle and some of the yarn.

It's fairly loosely spun, I'm planning to set it and use it as a single. The preparation is ok, it's a bit clumpy (even with pre-drafting) so the single is a bit slubby, but I'm cool with that. I'm thinking some kind of pullover or vest (depending on the yardage I get).

Younger Son put on one of my Fuzzy Feet tonight. Have I mentioned that we have the exact same size feet, YS and I? One night recently we were sitting on the sofa snuggling together and he said "Hey, you're wearing my socks!" "Yes, I am," I said. "Well, that's ok," he said, "I'm wearing yours!" and he lifted his foot to show me. But I digress. He put on one of my Fuzzy Feet and refused to take it off. "It's MINE!" he kept repeating. "They're pink!" I said. "MINE!" "But they're pink!" so I had to promise to make him a pair of his own.

In other news, the laundry wars continue.

No comments: