Monday, August 04, 2008

The Antics

OK, I'm with Yarn Harlot on this one. I'm NOT doing anything for the Summer Olympics. I am completely boycotting these games. I think the IOC was wrong, wrong, wrong to sanction the games there, and think it's wrong, wrong, wrong not to mention hypocritical of the US to participate after their boycott of the 1980 games for less provocation, IMNSHO. I refuse to acknowledge these games at all. Needless to say I won't be participating in any "Olympic" knitting. I've decided I'm going to be doing the "Anti-Olympics", or "Antics". So what does that entail? Hmmm, haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm thinking something community/human rights oriented. I'll keep you posted. And a sad note: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn passed away over the weekend. I could revist some of his works for the Antics. Maybe you could too, lest you forget.

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

I don't disagree with you. But it's not going to prevent me from enjoying the athletes. This is their life's work and there are hundreds of people whose life's dream would have been flushed with a boycott. I will just enjoy the sport and let the rest of it go. Maybe that's Pollyanna of me, but I know how hard the athletes have worked to make their dreams a reality and I'll enjoy watching them achieve those goals :)