Monday, January 28, 2008

Progressing


I'm making progress on my Noro socks. These are very addictive (I can't wait to see what the next color out of the ball will be, and how it will look with all the other colors!) and just what I need for this dreary time of year. Every year from about the middle of January until the first week of April when Spring is finally here I crave bright colors. And citrus. I'm all about the orange scones and key lime pie. Somehow citrus flavors just taste like sunshine to me. These socks are going to be just what the doctor ordered. Even Older Son was admiring (but that was before I started on the pink section at the top). For what it's worth, here's my review of the Noro sock yarn. I love the colors and how they blend. The yarn knitted up has a little better hand than in the ball. However, it's a bit thick and thin. Overall, it's very fine for a sock yarn. So when it gets thin...It's very thin. Which happened a little too often for my taste. I like to knit socks at a pretty firm tension (it improves their wear). Add that to that the fact that it's a single so I wanted a firm tension even for me, and I had to crank down to a size 0 needle for me to feel comfortable with it. For me, these negatives are outweighed by the colors. You can make your own choice. That's my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Meanwhile, on the "What in the World Is Going On Here When I'm Not Home" front, I came home early from work today and found this in the living room. A chair (from the dining room) tied up and with peanut butter sitting on it. I don't think I want to know.

2 comments:

DPUTiger said...

I'm so glad you like the Noro! Bloomin' Yarns has a truckload of the stuff in the shop and I just can't bring myself to buy some. The colors are fabulous, but I don't do well with thick-and-thin yarns, and I'm a tight knitter so I'd worry about yanking the single ply apart. Many many colors available for perusal at BY, though! Glad to see you last Friday. I had fun! :)

Heather said...

I'll get you and your Jelly, too!