Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

Another Sunday just about gone by. Older Son went off to feed the hungry with his Aunt (presumably, she's usually the one who organizes this stuff) and so Younger Son and I were left to our own devices. We tried to pick up his glasses at the mall but were too late. (I having put off going to the mall as long as possible and therefore making us miss it.) They are open tomorrow until 9, so I will just have to bite the bullet and go after work.

We did go to the grocery store and then delivered groceries to Pap. I did not get my car washed, however. (I was really hoping for more rain.) I also didn't get the lawn mowed.

But YS and I spent some quality time together. We had lunch at McDonald's. I promised him a trip for ice cream, too, which he has decided to take a rain check on. We went grocery shopping. He even held my hand while we were walking to and from the car. He still does that. I wondered how much longer that will last . He also will spontaneously hug me and say "I love you, Mom."

He came home and stood out in the yard talking to the next door neighbor for awhile. He's a friendly little extrovert, is YS. I hear him now, talking to the neighbor out of his bedroom window. Next Door is outside grilling. I think Younger Son just went outside to talk with him over the hedge while he cooks. From what I can hear, they're discussing the likelihood of things burning on the grill.

I did get some knitting done. I'm making the "Potato Chip Scarf" from the KnitPicks catalog. It starts with 180 sts and then increases every other row 3X. All the increasing makes it all ruffly. An interesting idea, but I think if I do it again I'll do it in crochet. Almost 1500 sts (1440, to be exact) is a lot to squeeze on a needle, and my wrists are paying for it. I thought about going the other way and starting with 1440 and then decreasing down to 180, but can you imagine a pattern that starts off "Cast-on 1440 sts..." Yeah, right. I'll post a pic when it's done -- right now it just looks like a squished up squirmy pink mass.

No comments: