Friday, November 20, 2020

Plus Ça Change, Plus C'est la Même Chose

 I impatiently hunted up the correct needles this afternoon (a size 5 and size 7 24" circular) and very excitedly cast on for my Little Worsted Sock Arms and then I realised...

Plus ça change...

It's almost the exact same color as the Big Boring Blue Blanket (currently in the dryer following it's bath).  I even started with a 1x1 rib.  Ah well, I'm past that now and am working on the short rows for the "rounded hem".  At least I have the colorful sleeves to look forward to.

As I was sending emails to everyone at work detailing everything that had to be covered/taken care of while I was out (this is one of the things I hate about taking vacation, there's a ton of this prep work, a million emails to send) I looked over and the rainbow from the beveled glass in my front door was falling on the Decade Socks (still here looking for someone to love them).  The light was so beautiful and mellow I had to snap a picture.

Still Life With Knitting

I told everyone I'm taking a pandemic vacation.  I have all the pandemic highlights planned -- some cooking, a bit of cleaning, coloring, knitting, and binge watching tv.  What could be better?

No comments: