Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I've Been Under

 Apologies for my absence. I've been under stress and a bit under a cloud.  Last Tuesday Dave called from New York where he was working and told me he'd been exposed to the Corona Virus by a co-worker.  His employer thankfully let him come home.  Since then he's been quarantined at the other house and I have moved in with the boys here.  It's been stressful for me, I'm a worrier. 

I've not been able to manage much beyond logging in to work every day.  What did I do to cope?  Well, it wasn't knitting.  I've just gotten back to knitting today.  For several days, even the thought of knitting left me feeling queasy.  I did a bit of coloring, I do love to look at the way colors go together and putting them next to each other.

Clearly I like all the colors 

This work was over a couple of weeks, but I did do a little less than half of it over the past week.

Dave is doing just fine, no symptoms and he had a test for CoViD19 which was negative.  His employer has sent him back to work, even though I and the CDC think he should quarantine for another week.  This is how the disease spreads.  Granted, it was a very limited contact and he has been asymptomatic, but still.  The boys and I will stay away from him until next week.  

And I'm not behind on my 13 goals yet.  I have until Thanksgiving to get the Boring Big Blue Blanket done.  I might make it.  The socks are definitely done.  Then on to Christmas knitting.  I'll get done what I get done.




  

No comments: