Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul

 Yesterday afternoon I was knitting on my cowl and I looked over and saw this:

My knitting is dark, the yarn is mostly dark.  But like the first green shoots of spring, you can see, if you peer closely at the center of the ball the bright yellow peeping out.  The things that keep a knitter going.

One other thing that came up in the blog break decade was that I developed Type 2 Diabetes. (When I turned 50, along with a couple of other chronic health issues.  It was like my warranty expired.)  I'm struggling to keep it under control, and am somewhat frustrated by my PA's reluctance to refer me to an endocrinologist.  Anyway, what is working for me now is 1) I changed the time of day I give myself my insulin shot.  It used to be in the evening, per the PA's instruction.  Now I do it in the morning and my numbers are much better.  2) I've started only eating once a day.  Yeah, that's a bummer.  I have coffee (with my Pumpkin Spice creamer - Yum!) in the morning, and at 1:00 or so I test my blood sugar.  If it's too high [which it has been], I just have a cup of tea.  Then I eat a (modest) dinner with the guys.

Do you like my mug?  My sister Jane and I buy each other mugs with our initials on them.  Sometimes we send them to each other (she has the "J" version of this mug at her house.)  Sometimes not (I have an "L" mug to use when I'm there visiting -- also my Evil Twin, who is also an "L" and she lives just around the corner from Jane.)

No comments: