Monday, August 31, 2020

Spinning

 Historically for me, Sundays have been for spinning.  But my power supply for my Hansen Mini Spinner arrived today so...

This is the beginning of a big project.  I've taken strips of roving, stripped down to slightly less than a finger-width.  So far there's this:

Which is a pound of assorted fibers.  It's some unknown fiber that a friend and I dyed with food coloring, then I think a Spunky Eclectic(?) or two roving (I used to belong to the club about 10 years ago or so), and a Gale's Art "Potluck" roving.  I will add these three rovings to it:

The two on the left are both Gale's Art rovings in "Potluck" and "Random" and I don't know about the one on the right.  Maybe another old Spunky Eclectic club roving.  All the rovings have some color or colors in common.  I separate off random-ish lengths (around a yard or so), then strip them and wrap them into little nests for spinning.  When I'm done I'll have singles with shorter bits of color which is why I strip the rovings.  About 1 3/4 lbs of fiber, which I hope when I make a 3-ply will be at a sport to a DK weight.  Definitely a sweater's worth.  


No comments: