Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cue Fanfare for the Common Man

Once again I am proud to say I'm an Olympian! Yes, I'm competing in the Knitting Olympics with Yarn Harlot. Also on Ravelry as part of Team PA (just because I had to pick a team to participate there. Whatever.) Anyways, my project is Rib Waist Cardigan in Waterlily (Rav link) from Curvy Knits Vol. 2. I'm knitting it in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Kettle dyed in Soot (which has been discontinued). Here is my progress after the first half day of competition:


Can you see the snow on my knitting? It's still snowing here. Today the sun was shining and it was still snowing. I'm living in a giant snow globe!


This looks really big to me. I quadruple checked my gauge and I'm right on, the width is even what the pattern says it should be, but it still looks too big. I'm just going out on a limb and trusting Jillian Moreno here. I can always rip and reknit later (after I complete it for my gold medal, of course.) I know some of you out there are also competing -- I can't wait to see all the projects!

4 comments:

Rani said...

whoo hooooooo and good luck

DPUTiger said...

I couldn't get excited about the Ravelympics (especially when the organizer of the PA team "told" me that Yarn Harlot wasn't doing her Olympics), and have hardly touched my Olympic project (I stuck with the mittens). Of course, I also have not been home and not exhausted since the Games started.

Nice sweater!

Patricia said...

So my Ravelympics project is...the 2nd Cotton Socks sock (which I call Forest Footfalls socks)...written by none other than you! Here's to finishing them soon! Good luck to you as well...I ended up joining Team Vegan.

Holly said...

Hi Laurie
Just getting caught up on knitting blogs after months of being away. I saw that your father passed away. Just wanted to say how sorry I am. My dad died three years ago this month. I still miss him.
Holly