Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Obsession

I am obsessed with this Noro Striped Scarf. I thought that maybe after Yarn Harlot made hers that I was the last knitter in North America to make one, but Celtic Queen hasn’t made one yet so that would make me the Penultimate Knitter. I love it. It has everything I want in a scarf – black to go with my winter coat, pink so the guys won’t steal it. Changing colors to keep me interested.
The colors are Silk Garden 282 (pinks and green) and 252 (black, dark blue, green). I was concerned that the greens would align, which they did for a couple of rows in the first two balls. But I’m even enamored of these muddled bits where I can’t tell one stripe from the next. I find myself wishing for someone on my Christmas list that I can make one of these for.
I started this Saturday afternoon (after meeting up with Celtic Queen, Heather, DPUTiger, and Julia at the new location of Bloomin Yarns). I finished it last night and wore it today.
In other news, it turns out that I really do work in the salt mines, or might as well. There was a water main break outside our building so we had no water. They shut down the restrooms and told us we couldn't leave. Two and a half hours later they brought in Port a Johns. Seriously. I'm planning on going in late tomorrow. I hope the bathrooms are back in service by then.

5 comments:

Charissa said...

I haven't made one either. :0

Heather said...

ooohhh, preeeety.

Ladee said...

This is really nice. Good photo, too, so that those of us who aren't familiar with the terms knows what you are saying. It does go with everything, black coat and all, and the pink saves it from theft.

Downtown Dancing Knitter said...

Do you see why I love my loft/dive combo now? The mixing of two colors in a scarf is awesome! An unwritten pattern that makes everyone goo over it. If I'm ever on your christmas list, I'd enjoy it ;-) haha- That bathroom thing is icky! Port a John's, seriously? That's just not right- I'd call off sick just to make a Christmas gift ;-) miss you guys-- <3

Rachel said...

That looks really amazing! Do you think it's soft? I've put off making one, because that yarn always feels rather harsh to me . . .