Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Road Trip


I took a road trip this weekend to Ligonier. Dave and the Sons were staying at a local camp (it's sort of a G family & friends reunion thing.)
I opted out for the whole weekend this year, but drove up on Saturday to pick up Dave and we drove to the nearby town of Ligonier. Of course, I visited Kathy's Kreations. Kathy Zimmerman was super nice, and this is a great shop! I was too shy to ask for a photo (Do you think that having Dave take my picture outside the shop was a tip-off that I'm a blogger, though?) I enhanced my stash with these purchases: Purely on impulse, some wonderfully fluffy rainbow yarn for a purely decorative feather and fan scarf for me! (I'm such a sucker for rainbow yarn. But I think it will look nice with my black coat.)
Enough of this yarn to make the sweater pictured. (A toddler's hooded cardi.) This is a new to me yarn called Jeanee, which is a cotton/acrylic blend. Less than half the price of the Bamboo yarn called for in the pattern, machine wash/dry, and softer, too! I'm interested to see how it works up.

With lunch and yarn shopping out of the way (Dave didn't actually go yarn shopping, he did enter the shop, but then left to go browse the photography store.)
we proceeded to the fort. Have fun storming the palisades, Dave!

And a word to the wise, they have these mannequins in the fort buildings. This lot in the Officers' Mess just about gave me a heart attack when I walked in. After our tour of the fort we drove back to camp, I said hello to all my in-laws, and then drove back to Pittsburgh to meet CQ and the Celtings for dinner.

At dinner I added to my stash (from my fave yarn shop Bloomin Yarns enough of this Comfort DK to make Sidelines from the latest IK. (CQ and Heather were there on Saturday and CQ picked it up for me.) I'm envisioning this as a great all-season "Go To" sweater that will go with all my wardrobe staples (black, navy, chocolate, denim, tan). We had a nice dinner, and then it was home and bed for me. (Another tip -- the Key Lime pie at Outback isn't worth it. I speak as a connoisseur of Key Lime pie. Go for the Chocolate Thunder Down Under.)

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

I haven't been to Ligonier since I was a kid. Glad you had a good weekend!