Thursday, December 10, 2020

Today I Got Yarn

 I've been away so long.  Not feeling the mojo for awhile, but I've been knitting.  I finished Younger Son's vest and am working on Older Son's sweater (more on those later).

I've decided to do the JFY7 .  I'm making two in reversed colors for my BFF Michelle and her twin sister.  These are the colors.  I'm showing off the buttons because they cost almost as much as the yarn!

I also got yarn and button to make one for myself.

Yarn is Cloudborn Fibers Superwash Merino DK, on sale at Webs.

I'm working on the How Cold Is It? (warning - bad word in the link) hat also.  I'm totally over this. The randomness is a big pain in the butt; I have to count every stitch, every round.  I cast on four times the number for the mitten and I made a chart for "random" snow for the other 3 quadrants.  If I was going to make this again I wouldn't bother and just do a geometric in the other 3 quadrants.  But it looks ok, even if my Fairisle technique is not what it should be.  Pictures tomorrow.


No comments: