Thursday, June 14, 2007

Different Is Good

Well, my big announcement for today is that I'm starting a new job! I received a job offer yesterday that was too good to pass up, and so I gave my notice at my current job today and will start my new job on July 2. I'm frankly surprised, because I really didn't feel the interview for this job went well at all. (Even bad for me, and I'm a horrible interview at the best of times.) But I know a guy...and although he told me he didn't really do anything, I think he made the difference for me. My personal mantra this year has been "Try something different" in everything from menu choices, to housecleaning, to colors, to knitting. This is a great way to shake things up, get out of a rut, and maybe find a better way to do something. Now a new job! And guess what? I'll be working dangerously close to my favorite knitting store and my favorite restaurant. How great is that?

Now to the knitting. The Cotton Striped sock is exactly where it was the last time I pictured it. The Pomatomus socks are still in time-out, but I'm almost done with the body of my first baby sweater.

I want to make some leggings to match, along with some socks, and then a Devan sweater (God, I love that sweater!) or two. Ok, maybe a Trellis too. And how could I be so forgetful? I've got to make a Peapod Sweater! Both Celtic Queen and Heather made one last year and I much admired them. Hmmmm. The shower is Labor Day weekend, we'll see how much I can get knit by then.

And Holly, I'm so with you on the staff at the school. I just want to say "What exactly is it you want me to do?" (I actually did ask that once and it put them off for awhile. Because exactly what they wanted me to do was drug him so he would be more docile. But they couldn't say that.)

No comments: