Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Change in the Weather

It's a dark and stormy night...Very windy, thunder and lightening, but no rain yet. (Update, it's raining now.) We're supposed to get snow tomorrow night, but then warm again. I'll have to make the Skinny Boys (hey CQ!) wear their sweaters and socks to bed. Younger son will want to come in and snuggle with me if he hears the thunder.

I'm making some progress on things here and at work. But I don't know...Sometimes it just feels like whatever decision I make is going to be the wrong one. I had to sit through a meeting today in which I was told (oh so nicely) that the way I had done something was wrong. (Not what I'd done, that was more or less ok. I just picked the wrong way to get there.) Oh well, all I can do is muddle along as best I can.

In knitting news I finished the first Halloween sock. It's pictured here on Younger Son's foot. It's just a teeny bit snug on him. But he should be able to wear them just fine. When did his feet get so freaking big? These are for his birthday, which is Saturday. We'll probably celebrate by going to a movie in the morning and then having lunch out (his choice of restaraunt, so probably McDonald's, but maybe Eat-n-Park) which is the usual birthday celebration around here. The Celtic Queen and her Celtings aren't allowed to come with us, since her husband was miffed that the last two times we went out we saw a movie he wanted to see and he couldn't go with us (he works Saturdays). He's one of those people who feel that it's only worth going out to movie with you if you're all seeing it for the first time.

No comments: