My favorite yarn to knit with is:
I wracked my brain over this one and can't come up with a favorite. Hmmm, I really liked the Paton's Classic Merino. And the Noro Kureyon. And the Socks That Rock. And the Koigu. You see??
I really do not enjoy knitting with:
Kudzu? Nothing! There's no knitting I don't enjoy.
If I had a choice, I would banish this yarn from my LYS:
Fun Fur (I love it, but a little goes a long way, you know? Once you make the scarf, what else are you going to do with it?)
If I could knit only one more project for the rest of my life, it would be:
Ooooh I know this one. This:
In the black colorway (Dale Salt Lake Olympic sweater.)
My favorite flower is:
Roses. White are my personal favorite, although yellow hold a special place in my heart because they were my mom's favorite.
My current color obsession is:
Red. But (and as shocking as my sisters will find this) I think this is currently in flux, alot of blues have been showing up on the radar lately.
My other interests are:
Reading, spinning, crocheting
Something I wish I knew more about is:
Particle physics, and extremely high level mathematics. In the fiber world, tatting and nalbinding.
A knitting technique I want to learn is:
There isn't one.
10. My favorite needles to knit with are:
Metal. Inox, Susan Bates, addi Turbo.
-- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 0
11. Do you knit socks?
All the time
12. Please provide your foot measurements*:
length (longest toe to heel): 9.25"
instep circumference: 8.75"
ankle circumference: 9.25"
(*a note to my sock knitters: If I have that request wrong, TELL ME so I can change it! Thanks!)
13. What was your favorite childhood movie?
Willie Wonka (the original)
14. What is one thing in your knitting bag that you can't live without?
My measuring tape. But I currently can't find one. So the measurements above are..."-ish"
15. What is lacking in your notions bag that you really, really want? (Cable needle, Kacha Kacha, Chibi, etc.)
Definately a Chibi
16. What is currently on the needles at your house?
Socks (perpetually), and I'm currently tossing around ideas for a new "big" project
If you could do nothing but knit all day, every day, for the next month (and get paid for it!), what would you knit?
A tough one. Maybe a vintage knitted "quilt" from Weldon's.
18. Least favorite color(s):
19. Favorite genre of music? Or any way you want to answer that question...basically it's the what kind of music do you like question.
Jazz. Cool jazz or light jazz.
20. Favorite candy or sweet:
Hershey's Symphony with almonds and toffee
21. What is the most challenging thing you have ever knit?
A simple poncho made from "Boa" (a fringe yarn). The pattern was simple enough, but the yarn was a pain to work with.
22. How long have you been knitting?
Since I was 9 so that would be....a few years ;) Seriously though, 31 years.
5 years ago